how to win friends and influence people -Dale Carnegie (Book Review By Achyut Giri)
“How to win friends and influence people’’ by Dale Carnegie is a Self-help book which was published in 1936.
Over 30 million copies have been sold out being one of the most influential books of all the time, it has been published and translated in many languages all over the world. Honestly, I got this book in my hand very late, if you haven’t read this book you are missing the honey from a hive. It’s simple, understandable and doable we are doing it but not the right way.
The world can only follow you if you have the fundamental techniques and ideas to impress them with your first visit and talk. I am just going to write a brief few stuff, a summary that touched my head and cached my eyes.
Techniques in Handling people:
- Don’t criticize, condemn or complain
- Give honest and sincere appreciation
- Arouse in another person an eager and want
Best way to make people like you:
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- A person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good and great listener. Encourage others to about themselves.
- Talk always what the other person is interested about.
- Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely
Winning people on your thinking:
- The argument can’t be won, its best to avoid it.
- “your wrong” always show respect to the next person’s opinion.
- Be ready to admit your mistake immediately.
- ‘Drop of HONEY’ begins in a very friendly way if it’s a complaint or reason for any unsatisfactory.
- Make the other person agree on each sentence of your conversation “YES, YES’’.
- Let the other person do a great deal of talking.
- Make them feel it’s their idea.
- Try to see things from another person’s perspective.
- An appeal that everybody likes
- Tv does it? The movie does it? Dramatize your idea.
- Throwdown the challenge.
Be a leader: How to change people without giving Offense or Arousing Resentment:
- Always begin with praise and honest appreciation
- Call attention to peoples mistakes indirectly
- Talk about your own mistake before pointing others.
- Ask always the question instead of giving orders.
- Save him /her from the mistake in front of others.
- Praise each improvement done.
- Give a person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Encouragement words to make their mistake easy.
- Make the person happy while doing the work suggested.
About the Author:
Dale Carnegie was born on November 24, 1888. He was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. How to win friends and influence people a best seller that remains popular today still the best seller in Amazon. His other books were ‘’How to stop worrying and start living’’,’’ Lincoln the unknown’’,’’ Little known facts about well-known people’’ and several others.
If you are introvert or facing problem in conversation or having a problem in impressing to sale your product or having difficulty in handling people this is must a read book once in a while to refresh yourself and find out you’re lacking on your Productivity or the best book to give as a gift to your kids after 16th.